Laying Underground Communication Infrastructure
Various communications are laid underground for the transmission of electricity from the supplier to the client. This way of laying gives many advantages. The cable keeps well in the ground. It is difficult to extract it manually.
How to begin the laying of underground network?
First of all, it’s necessary to shape a plan for the location of the cable. Then, it’s important to choose an appropriate method of laying. Please note, all the construction works must refer to professionals.
Preparation of the construction object
After shaping a plan, you must pay attention to the construction site, because all stages of the work will take place on it. The most efficient variant is to lay the cables directly, but it’s very difficult to implement. Usually there are a lot of barriers and existed networks under the ground. So, it’s necessary to divide the project into several parts.
How to lay communication networks under the highway?
When planning the laying of networks under the highway, it’s necessary to adhere the rules of procedure:
- When crossing obstacles such as water supply, gas, sewerage - the distance between cables and obstacles to be laid must be at least 0.5 meters, if networks are laid without a protective case, and 0,25 meters – if networks are laid with a protective case.
- If it is not possible to cross with other communications, the distance at the intersection point should be more than 15 cm. At the intersection place impose a sawn asbestos tube, the distance to both sides should be more than 1 meter, in place of the overlay also worn rigid conductors on both cables.
Methods of communication under the ground
There are three ways to lay communications under the ground, which are considered the safest and most comfortable for the construction of various underground networks.
- Manual method
It is the most economical and time consuming, as it takes a lot of time and labor to lay. This method is the cheapest, however it takes a long time. To perform the work required a pair of shovels and hired workers. The depth should be 70 - 80 cm. It is necessary to know that if there is not enough time, it is recommended to use a trenchless method.
- Trench opening by excavator
The technological process of trench opening includes the development of soil with loading into transport. The process of soil development depends on the timing of the work, the number of units of construction equipment, specific production conditions. Transportation of soil is carried out by road or rail.
- Trenchless method
HDD equipment is famous with the opportunity to lay down underground networks to a long distance in a short way. It’s the variant for those who wish to get a good result from work ASAP.
Stages of the horizontal drilling process:
- preliminary soil survey;
- setting the HDD equipment;
- setting other auxiliary construction equipment and materials;
- pilot boring;
- setting down the tubes;
- installation and testing;
- pipe locking (tightening);
- connection of all necessary parts;
- End of work, site cleaning and restoration.
For more information about HDD and other ways of trenchless laying, please read our other articles.