Horizontal Directional Drill Rigs Series RX
FORWARD Horizontal Directional Drill (HDD) Rigs are created by experts with many years of experience in HDD field. FORWARD equipment is a “golden ratio” of Efficiency – Price – Quality. At present FORWARD offers HDD rigs with thrust-pullback force from 11 to 133 tons. HDD rigs with thrust-pullback force more than 100 tons can be produced according the individual project and specific task of the customer.
Horizontal Directional Drills FORWARD
Stages of the HDD works:
- Stage 1 is a preparation step. At this stage it’s necessary to analyze the soil composition, existed underground utilities and other materials. Also at 1st stage is very important to prepare and sign all technical documents for the construction project.
- Stage 2 is a pilot boring The pilot hole is drilled from the entry point to the exit point following a previously designed profile and alignment. The drilling tools and rig equipment selected for each job is largely determined based on the results of the geotechnical investigation and the size of the crossing (length and diameter). During the pilot hole drilling, a directional guidance system is used to navigate the pilot hole along its pre-designed profile
- Stage 3 is reaming the hole. Hole enlargementIn small diameter crossings the pipeline may be directly installed in the pilot hole. However in most cases pilot hole enlarging, known as “pre-reaming,” will be necessary. Pre-reaming is required to provide a bore diameter large enough so that the pipeline can be installed in the drilled crossing. Based on the final desired diameter and soil conditions this process may include one or more stages.
- Stage 4 is Pull back. Once the drilled hole has been enlarged to the required diameter and cleaned adequately, the pipeline is installed. It is final stage of drilling works. The pipeline is dragged into the built horizontal well (borehole). After completing of drilling works, as-built documentation is given to the customer. It is important to choose a suitable drilling rig for carrying out the drilling works of high quality
Classification of the drilling rigs
- Self-propelled. HDD rigs, which move all by themselves using crawler track. The track chain can be steel or rubber depending on pulling force of the drilling rig.
- Non self-propelled. Such drill equipment are not equipped with crawler track. The movement of them are provided by crane.